Farbyte recommends using Filezilla client.
This is a free FTP program and can be downloaded from http://filezilla-project.org/download.php
Once you have that installed, open it up. Below the menu and icon bar at the top of the screen are 4 boxes.
- In the 1st box enter your FTP hostname as described in your Farbyte 'Welcome' email.
- In the 2nd box enter an FTP username (you can setup FTP users in cPanel).
- In the 3rd box enter the password for the FTP user.
- In the 4th box enter the port as provided in your Farbyte 'Welcome' email.
- Finally click connect at the end of the bar.
The FileZilla Site Manager is recommended for FTP connections that you intend to use frequently (e.g. your Farbyte hosting account).
Site Manager, stores connection information in a profile, ready for later, repeated use.
- Click the File > Site Manager > New Site
- Type a name for your new site connection (e.g. your domain name)
- In the Host box enter your FTP hostname as described in your Farbyte 'Welcome' email.
- In the Port box enter the port as provided in your Farbyte 'Welcome' email.
- For Protocol select FTP
- Encryption select Require explicit FTP over TLS
- Logon type Normal
- Enter your user name in the User box in the form user@domain
- Enter the password for the user in the Password box
- Click OK
The above Site Manager connection profile can then be used in the future, by clicking File > Site Manager. Then choosing the site in question and clicking Connect.
Below the connection bar is the status window - this shows the communication between your pc and the server. Below this is the file manager.
The left side is your pc, the right side is the server. Navigate to your website files on the left side. On the right side navigate to public_html or www (www points to the same directory as public_html). You can select files and folders on the left and drag them to the right to upload them.
Conversely, you can select files and folders on the right and drag them to the left pane to download the.